1 July 2013

DIY: Marimekko inspired sharpie mugs





I am always obsessed with Marimekko's dinnerware but did you know you don't have to spend a lot to decorate your plain dishes? Check out what I did with my plain white mugs!

Instructions:
1. All you need is a sharpie (oil based is best) and a porcelain white mug. (Check to make sure it is oven safe as some glazes are safe for microwaving but toxic in the oven).
2. Draw what ever you like on the mug and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (180°)
3. Cool the mugs at room temperature before washing.

Voila! For best results, hand wash these babies rather than putting it through the dishwasher.

Happy Crafting~!


I’m always active on facebook, pinterest and twitter, so let’s stay in touch!




1 comment :

  1. I am probably going to do that as a christmas gift! great idea!

    anne xo
    http://posiesandlillies.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover